To enable us to achieve the best possible outcome for your landscape design we have put together a thorough questionnaire covering all aspects of your gardens wants and needs. The questionnaire is a kind of landscape planning checklist, asking questions about what you want, need and like. We will send you out our full questionnaire upon payment for your landscape package, but below is an outline of what you need to consider when planning a garden design.
A landscape design checklist should be considered by anyone wanting to do DIY landscaping. When planning your garden consider the following questions;
Landscape Design Checklist
- Which parts of the garden do you need to redesign? Front yard, Back yard, Courtyard
- What cables, pipes and services do I need to be aware of? Electricity, water, gas etc
- Who lives in the property, and what needs and wants do they have for the garden?
- Do you have pets?
- Are you intending to live is this property for a long time, add value for resale, increase your use of the garden?
- What are the current issues with your garden? Privacy, theme, outdated, damp?
- What elements of your garden do you like and want to keep?
- What uses would you like from your garden? An entertaining area, lawn for kids, grow edible plants, relaxing?
- What utilities do you need in your garden? Storage, carspace, clothes drying area, bin storage?
- Is there a garden theme you particularly like? Australian, Native, modern, Asian, Balinese, Japanese, tropical, Mediterranean, formal, cottage, English?
- What landscape features would you like in your garden? Deck, pergola, paved entertaining area, lawn, pathways, retaining walls, steps, pool, spa, BBQ, lighting, irrigation, kids play area?
- Are there any particular landscaping materials you really do or do not like? Timber, concrete, brick, stone, gravel, steel etc
- What do you want your plants in the garden to add? Fragrance, bird attracting, colourful foliage, flowers, reduce wind, edible, low maintenance?
- Do you have any plants you really do or do not like?
- How much maintenance are you willing to put into the garden?
- Will you be doing the construction of the garden yourself, or hiring a contractor/landscaper?
- What is your budget for the garden design and construction?
Online Garden Design offering unique landscape designs. Professional landscape designers – Landscape design packages and do it yourself landscape guides. Landscape designs/garden plans for garden makeovers, renovations or landscaping plans for new house builds. Online Garden Designs Australia wide including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart